WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. addiction, dependence, dependance, dependency, habituation, physical condition, physiological state, physiological condition
- usage: being abnormally tolerant to and dependent on something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming (especially alcohol or narcotic drugs)
- 2. addiction, craving
- usage: an abnormally strong craving
- 3. addiction, award, awarding
- usage: (Roman law) a formal award by a magistrate of a thing or person to another person (as the award of a debtor to his creditor); a surrender to a master; "under Roman law addiction was the justification for slavery"
All rights reserved.
See also: addiction (Dictionary)