- 1. attention deficit disorder, ADD, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, ADHD, hyperkinetic syndrome, minimal brain dysfunction, minimal brain damage, MBD, syndrome
- usage: a condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. add, increase
- usage: make an addition (to); join or combine or unite with others; increase the quality, quantity, size or scope of; "We added two students to that dorm room"; "She added a personal note to her letter"; "Add insult to injury"; "Add some extra plates to the dinner table"
- 2. add, append, supply, state, say, tell
- usage: state or say further; "`It doesn't matter,' he supplied"
- 3. lend, impart, bestow, contribute, add, bring, change, alter, modify
- usage: bestow a quality on; "Her presence lends a certain cachet to the company"; "The music added a lot to the play"; "She brings a special atmosphere to our meetings"; "This adds a light note to the program"
- 4. add, add together, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: make an addition by combining numbers; "Add 27 and 49, please!"
- 5. total, tot, tot up, sum, sum up, summate, tote up, add, add together, tally, add up, count, number, enumerate, numerate
- usage: determine the sum of; "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
- 6. add, form, constitute, make
- usage: constitute an addition; "This paper will add to her reputation"
All rights reserved.
See also: add (Dictionary)