WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adaptation, version, writing, written material, piece of writing
- usage: a written work (as a novel) that has been recast in a new form; "the play is an adaptation of a short novel"
- 2. adaptation, adaption, adjustment, organic process, biological process
- usage: the process of adapting to something (such as environmental conditions)
- 3. adaptation, alteration, modification, adjustment
- usage: (physiology) the responsive adjustment of a sense organ (as the eye) to varying conditions (as of light)
All rights reserved.
See also: adaptation (Dictionary)