WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adamantine
- usage: consisting of or having the hardness of adamant
- 2. adamantine, hard (vs. soft)
- usage: having the hardness of a diamond
- 3. adamant, adamantine, inexorable, intransigent, inflexible (vs. flexible)
- usage: impervious to pleas, persuasion, requests, reason; "he is adamant in his refusal to change his mind"; "Cynthia was inexorable; she would have none of him"- W.Churchill; "an intransigent conservative opposed to every liberal tendency"
All rights reserved.
See also: adamantine (Dictionary)