WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. actual (vs. potential), existent, effective
- usage: presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible; "the predicted temperature and the actual temperature were markedly different"; "actual and imagined conditions"
- 2. actual, real (vs. unreal), existent
- usage: taking place in reality; not pretended or imitated; "we saw the actual wedding on television"; "filmed the actual beating"
- 3. actual, genuine, literal, real, true (vs. false)
- usage: being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something; "her actual motive"; "a literal solitude like a desert"- G.K.Chesterton; "a genuine dilemma"
- 4. actual, factual, real (vs. unreal), existent
- usage: existing in act or fact; "rocks and trees...the actual world"; "actual heroism"; "the actual things that produced the emotion you experienced"
- 5. actual, current (vs. noncurrent)
- usage: being or existing at the present moment; "the ship's actual position is 22 miles due south of Key West"
All rights reserved.
See also: actual (Dictionary)