Synonyms of activating
- 1. energizing, activating, activation, activity
- usage: the activity of causing to have energy and be active
- 1. trip, actuate, trigger, activate, set off, spark off, spark, trigger off, touch off, initiate, pioneer
- usage: put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits"
- 2. activate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make active or more active; "activate an old file"
- 3. activate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make more adsorptive; "activate a metal"
- 4. activate, aerate, change, alter, modify
- usage: aerate (sewage) so as to favor the growth of organisms that decompose organic matter
- 5. activate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make (substances) radioactive
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. activating(prenominal), actuating(prenominal), causative (vs. noncausative)
- usage: causing motion or action or change
All rights reserved.