Synonyms of activated
- 1. trip, actuate, trigger, activate, set off, spark off, spark, trigger off, touch off, initiate, pioneer
- usage: put in motion or move to act; "trigger a reaction"; "actuate the circuits"
- 2. activate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make active or more active; "activate an old file"
- 3. activate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make more adsorptive; "activate a metal"
- 4. activate, aerate, change, alter, modify
- usage: aerate (sewage) so as to favor the growth of organisms that decompose organic matter
- 5. activate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make (substances) radioactive
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. activated, treated (vs. untreated)
- usage: (of sewage) treated with aeration and bacteria to aid decomposition
- 2. activated, excited, reactive (vs. unreactive)
- usage: (of e.g. a molecule) made reactive or more reactive
- 3. activated, active (vs. inactive)
- usage: rendered active; e.g. rendered radioactive or luminescent or photosensitive or conductive
- 4. activated, active (vs. inactive)
- usage: (military) set up and placed on active assignment; "a newly activated unit"
All rights reserved.