- 1. ache, aching, pain, hurting
- usage: a dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hurt, ache, suffer, perceive, comprehend
- usage: feel physical pain; "Were you hurting after the accident?"
- 2. ache, yearn, yen, pine, languish, hanker, long, yearn
- usage: have a desire for something or someone who is not present; "She ached for a cigarette"; "I am pining for my lover"
- 3. ache, smart, hurt, cause to be perceived
- usage: be the source of pain
All rights reserved.
See also: ache (Dictionary)