- 1. accusative, accusative case, objective case, oblique, oblique case
- usage: the case of nouns serving as the direct object of a verb
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. accusative, accusatory, accusing, accusive, inculpatory (vs. exculpatory), inculpative
- usage: containing or expressing accusation; "an accusitive forefinger"; "black accusatory looks"; "accusive shoes and telltale trousers"- O.Henry; "his accusing glare"
- 2. objective, accusative
- usage: serving as or indicating the object of a verb or of certain prepositions and used for certain other purposes; "objective case"; "accusative endings"
All rights reserved.
See also: accusative (Dictionary)