WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. socialization, socialisation, acculturation, enculturation, social control
- usage: the adoption of the behavior patterns of the surrounding culture; "the socialization of children to the norms of their culture"
- 2. acculturation, culture, content, cognitive content, mental object
- usage: all the knowledge and values shared by a society
- 3. acculturation, assimilation, education
- usage: the process of assimilating new ideas into an existing cognitive structure
All rights reserved.
See also: acculturation (Dictionary)