- 1. accredit, recognize, recognise, license, licence, certify
- usage: grant credentials to; "The Regents officially recognized the new educational institution"; "recognize an academic degree"
- 2. accredit, appoint, charge
- usage: provide or send (envoys or embassadors) with official credentials
- 3. accredit, credit, impute, ascribe, assign, attribute
- usage: ascribe an achievement to; "She was not properly credited in the program"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. accredited, commissioned, licensed, licenced, authorized (vs. unauthorized), authorised
- usage: given official approval to act; "an accredited college"; "commissioned broker"; "licensed pharmacist"; "authorized representative"
All rights reserved.
See also: accredited (Dictionary)