- 1. acclaim, acclamation, plaudits, plaudit, eclat, approval, commendation
- usage: enthusiastic approval; "the book met with modest acclaim"; "he acknowledged the plaudits of the crowd"; "they gave him more eclat than he really deserved"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. acclaim, hail, herald, applaud
- usage: praise vociferously; "The critics hailed the young pianist as a new Rubinstein"
- 2. applaud, clap, spat, acclaim, gesticulate, gesture, motion
- usage: clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
All rights reserved.
See also: acclaim (Dictionary)