WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. accelerator, accelerator pedal, gas pedal, gas, throttle, gun, pedal, treadle, foot pedal, foot lever
- usage: a pedal that controls the throttle valve; "he stepped on the gas"
- 2. accelerator, throttle, throttle valve, valve
- usage: a valve that regulates the supply of fuel to the engine
- 3. catalyst, accelerator, activator
- usage: (chemistry) a substance that initiates or accelerates a chemical reaction without itself being affected
- 4. accelerator, particle accelerator, atom smasher, scientific instrument
- usage: a scientific instrument that increases the kinetic energy of charged particles
All rights reserved.
See also: accelerator (Dictionary)