WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. academy, secondary school, lyceum, lycee, Gymnasium, middle school
- usage: a secondary school (usually private)
- 2. academy, honorary society, institution, establishment
- usage: an institution for the advancement of art or science or literature
- 3. academy, school
- usage: a school for special training
- 4. academy, establishment
- usage: a learned establishment for the advancement of knowledge
All rights reserved.
See also: academy (Dictionary)