Synonyms of abused
- 1. mistreat, maltreat, abuse, ill-use, step, ill-treat, treat, handle, do by
- usage: treat badly; "This boss abuses his workers"; "She is always stepping on others to get ahead"
- 2. pervert, misuse, abuse, use, expend
- usage: change the inherent purpose or function of something; "Don't abuse the system"; "The director of the factory misused the funds intended for the health care of his workers"
- 3. abuse, clapperclaw, blackguard, shout, attack, round, assail, lash out, snipe, assault
- usage: use foul or abusive language towards; "The actress abused the policeman who gave her a parking ticket"; "The angry mother shouted at the teacher"
- 4. abuse, use, expend
- usage: use wrongly or improperly or excessively; "Her husband often abuses alcohol"; "while she was pregnant, she abused drugs"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. abused, misused (vs. used)
- usage: used improperly or excessively especially drugs; "an abused substance"
- 2. abused (vs. unabused), ill-treated, maltreated, mistreated, battered
- usage: subjected to cruel treatment; "an abused wife"
All rights reserved.