Synonyms of absolved
- 1. shrive, absolve, forgive
- usage: grant remission of a sin to; "The priest absolved him and told him to say ten Hail Mary's"
- 2. absolve, justify, free, forgive
- usage: let off the hook; "I absolve you from this responsibility"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. absolved, clear, cleared, exculpated, exonerated, vindicated, innocent (vs. guilty), guiltless, clean-handed
- usage: freed from any question of guilt; "is absolved from all blame"; "was now clear of the charge of cowardice"; "his official honor is vindicated"
All rights reserved.