WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. absence, lack, deficiency, want
- usage: the state of being absent; "he was surprised by the absence of any explanation"
- 2. absence, nonattendance
- usage: failure to be present
- 3. absence, time interval, interval
- usage: the time interval during which something or somebody is away; "he visited during my absence"
- 4. absence, absence seizure, seizure, ictus, raptus
- usage: the occurrence of an abrupt, transient loss or impairment of consciousness (which is not subsequently remembered), sometimes with light twitching, fluttering eyelids, etc.; common in petit mal epilepsy
All rights reserved.
See also: absence (Dictionary)