- 1. abort, termination, ending, conclusion
- usage: the act of terminating a project or procedure before it is completed; "I wasted a year of my life working on an abort"; "he sent a short message requesting an abort due to extreme winds in the area"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. abort, end, terminate
- usage: terminate before completion; "abort the mission"; "abort the process running on my computer"
- 2. abort, die, decease, perish, go, exit, pass away, expire, pass, kick the bucket, cash in one's chips, buy the farm, conk, give-up the ghost, drop dead, pop off, choke, croak, snuff it
- usage: cease development, die, and be aborted; "an aborting fetus"
- 3. abort, exhaust, discharge, expel, eject, release
- usage: terminate a pregnancy by undergoing an abortion
All rights reserved.
See also: abort (Dictionary)