- 1. Aborigine, Abo, Aboriginal, native Australian, Australian Aborigine, Australian, Aussie, ethnic group, ethnos
- usage: a dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived
- 2. native, indigen, indigene, aborigine, aboriginal, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: an indigenous person who was born in a particular place; "the art of the natives of the northwest coast"; "the Canadian government scrapped plans to tax the grants to aboriginal college students"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Aboriginal
- usage: of or pertaining to members of the indigenous people of Australia; "an Aboriginal rite"
- 2. native (vs. nonnative), aboriginal
- usage: characteristic of or relating to people inhabiting a region from the beginning; "native Americans"; "the aboriginal peoples of Australia"
- 3. aboriginal, primal, primeval, primaeval, primordial, early (vs. middle) (vs. late)
- usage: having existed from the beginning; in an earliest or original stage or state; "aboriginal forests"; "primal eras before the appearance of life on earth"; "the forest primeval"; "primordial matter"; "primordial forms of life"
All rights reserved.
See also: aboriginal (Dictionary)