- 1. residence, abode, address
- usage: any address at which you dwell more than temporarily; "a person can have several residences"
- 2. dwelling, home, domicile, abode, habitation, dwelling house, housing, lodging, living accommodations
- usage: housing that someone is living in; "he built a modest dwelling near the pond"; "they raise money to provide homes for the homeless"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bide, abide, stay, stay, stay on, continue, remain
- usage: dwell; "You can stay with me while you are in town"; "stay a bit longer--the day is still young"
- 2. digest, endure, stick out, stomach, bear, stand, tolerate, support, brook, abide, suffer, put up, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: put up with something or somebody unpleasant; "I cannot bear his constant criticism"; "The new secretary had to endure a lot of unprofessional remarks"; "he learned to tolerate the heat"; "She stuck out two years in a miserable marriage"
All rights reserved.
See also: abode (Dictionary)