WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. abnormal (vs. normal), unnatural, aberrant, deviant, deviate, anomalous, antidromic, atypical, irregular, brachydactylic, brachydactylous, defective, freakish, kinky, perverted, subnormal, supernormal, vicarious, insane
- usage: not normal; not typical or usual or regular or conforming to a norm; "abnormal powers of concentration"; "abnormal amounts of rain"; "abnormal circumstances"; "an abnormal interest in food"
- 2. abnormal (vs. normal), exceptional(prenominal)
- usage: departing from the normal in e.g. intelligence and development; "they were heartbroken when they learned their child was abnormal"; "an abnormal personality"
- 3. abnormal, immoderate (vs. moderate)
- usage: much greater than the normal; "abnormal profits"; "abnormal ambition"
All rights reserved.
See also: abnormal (Dictionary)