- 1. ablative, ablative case, oblique, oblique case
- usage: the case indicating the agent in passive sentences or the instrument or manner or place of the action described by the verb
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ablative
- usage: relating to the ablative case
- 2. ablative, subtractive (vs. additive)
- usage: tending to ablate; i.e. to be removed or vaporized at very high temperature; "ablative material on a rocket cone"
All rights reserved.
See also: ablative (Dictionary)