- 1. abecedarian, novice, beginner, tyro, tiro, initiate
- usage: a novice learning the rudiments of some subject
- 2. Abecedarian, sect, religious sect, religious order
- usage: a 16th century sect of Anabaptists centered in Germany who had an absolute disdain for human knowledge
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. abecedarian, alphabetic (vs. analphabetic), alphabetical
- usage: alphabetically arranged (as for beginning readers)
All rights reserved.
See also: abecedarian (Dictionary)