Although the following are all called seas, they are actually all lakes (landlocked bodies of water). In fact, one of the following seas is the largest lake in the world.
What is the highest mountain on Earthoutside of Asia? (Which, given Asia's monopoly on towering peaks, makes this only the world's 68th highest mountain.)
The deadliest volcanic eruption occured in 1815 killing 92,000 people. Which volcano erupted?
What is the highest waterfall in the world?
Where is the driest place on Eartha place that has seen virtually no rainfall ever?
- It might be tough to get a glass of water in the Atacama Desert.
The deepest depression in the oceans is the Mariana Trenchmore than seven miles down. In what ocean is it located?
- The second largest depression in an ocean or sea is the Puerto Rico Trench in the Atlantic.
What is the world's largest island?
After the Nile, what is the longest river in the world?
- The second-longest river in the world shares the name of the largest online bookseller in the world.
The longest cave in the world has 345 miles of subterranean passageways. Which is it?
- The longest cave in the world is in Kentucky.
The world's largest archipelago is:
- The word "archipelago" is the ancient name for the Aegean Sea.