Ten Most Wanted Quiz
Which FBI director began the Ten Most Wanted program?
- J. Edgar Hoover was director of the FBI who began the program.
The manhunt for what fugitive on the list received the most publicity?
- The FBI believes the 1997 hunt for serial killer Andrew Cunanan received more extensive media coverage than any other search connected with the list.
What city began issuing a public enemies list in 1930?
- The Chicago Crime Commission began issuing a public enemies list in 1930.
Why was the Ten Most Wanted list created?
- A reporter from the International News Service asked who were the most dangerous criminals being sought and the FBI gave him a list of ten names.
How many women have appeared on the Ten Most Wanted list?
- Eight women have appeared on the list.
Who puts together the Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list?
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation puts the list together.
What actor starred in the 1931 movie, Public Enemy Number One?
- Jimmy Cagney played a gangster in the film.
What comic strip has been used to publicize the Ten Most Wanted list?
- Names on the list have appeared in the Dick Tracy comic strip.
How many of the fugitives appearing on the list have been captured?
- More than 90%, or 451 fugitives, have been apprehended. As of Feb. 2006, 480 fugities have been on the list.
Are there ever more than ten names on the list?
- Occasionally the FBI includes more than ten names on the list.