Banshees wail when someone is about to what?
- Banshees wail to announce that someone is about to die. They don't usually tell who it is however, unless they get captured. This is unlikely since banshees hide in remote hills and foggy moors.
Jinn love to live where?
- Jinn (in English "genies") are especially happy living inside old lamps. If the lamp is rubbed, the jinn will often appear and grant the owner of the lamp three wishes.
In Mary Shelley's book of the same name, Frankenstein is a what?
- Frankenstein is the student who creates the monster. But over the years the name was applied to the monster instead.
Ghouls live by eating what?
- Ghouls live by eating the flesh of the dead. Ghouls either rob graves or they lurk in the desert and lure confused travelers off the road. Then they kill and eat the unfortunate victims.
A poltergeist is a ghost that does what?
- Poltergeist is German for "knocking ghost," or one that makes noise. Poltergeists have been blamed for hurling objects through the air, breaking on things, and even striking people.
Chupacabras has only been reported in what part of the world?
- Chupacabras has only been reported in parts of Latin America and Texas. After first striking in Puerto Rico in 1995, this ruthless blood-sucking monster has struck in various countries, most recently in Chile.
Where are dragons usually good, not evil?
- The Chinese consider dragons symbols of good luck. This is the opposite of the western view that dragons are malevolent.
In Haiti and parts of West Africa, a corpse brought back to life is called a what?
- A corpse brought back to life is called a zombie. Zombies walk like robots and follow orders. Sorcerers create zombies to perform heavy labor and do evil deeds.
Which are the only monsters born in the United States?
- Gremlins were born in the United States. Their date of birth is a closely guarded secret, but gremlins first came to human attention during World War II, when they started causing all types of machinery to malfunction.
The three Gorgons were so hideous that everyone who looked at them did what?
- Everyone who looked upon the Gorgons turned to stone. The Gorgons were sisters whose hair was made of a mass of writhing snakes. They are among the most famous creatures from Greek mythology.