Ice Cream Quiz
Which month is National Ice Cream Month?
- In 1984 Ronald Reagan declared July to be National Ice Cream Month. Americans typically eat the most ice cream during July and August.
Which of these is NOT a Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor?
- Urban Jumble is a mix of Coconut Almond Fudge Chip and New York Super Fudge Chunk. Blondies Are a Swirl's Best Friend uses chocolate ice cream with blond brownies and fudge swirl.
Which state produces the most ice cream?
- California produces the most ice cream. Surprisingly, the great dairy states of New York and Wisconsin aren't even in the top five ice-cream-producing states.
The "I Scream You Scream" ice cream song tells about a college in "the land of ice and snow." What is the name of the college?
- Oogie-wawa is the mythical college in this ice cream anthem.
What is the most popular ice cream flavor?
- Vanilla ice cream accounts for about 29% of supermarket sales in the United States. Chocolate ranks second, at 8.9%, and butter pecan comes in third, with 5.3%.
What's in a "black cow"?
- A "black cow" is made of root beer, chocolate syrup, and vanilla ice cream. A "brown cow" uses cola instead of root beer.
About how many licks does it take to finish a single-scoop ice cream cone?
- It takes about 50 licks to finish a single-scoop ice cream cone.
After the United States, what country consumes the most ice cream?
- New Zealand ranks second in ice cream consumption. Denmark comes in third, while Canada takes seventh place.
"Rocky Road" ice cream was created after what historical event?
- Edy's Grand Ice Cream created Rocky Road after the stock market crash of October 1929. The company's founders "hoped the name would give people something to smile about".
What flavors are usually in Neapolitan ice cream?
- Neapolitan ice cream is usually made of stripes of vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry.