Decade Quiz 1920s
The stock market reached its absolute nadir on what day during the crash of 1929?
- The event was nicknamed Black Tuesday.
which of these scandals took place in the 1920s?
- The Teapot Dome, an oil reserve scandal, began in 1921.
Landing in Paris in 1927 after his nonstop solo flight from New York, Charles Lindbergh's words were:
- The famous words were "I am Charles A. Lindbergh."
Which of these inventions did not happen in the 1920s?
- Hubert C. Booth invented the electric vacuum cleaner in 1901.
How many home runs did Babe Ruth hit in the 1927 season to break the major league record?
- Ruth was later surpassed, of course, by home run champs McGwire and Sosa.
Which of the following did not debut in the twenties?
- James Whale's Bride of Frankenstein debuted in 1935.
Which of these figures did not live in Paris during the twenties?
- William Faulkner lived a long, secluded life in Oxford, Mississippi.
Which famous trial did NOT take place during the 1920s?
- The Scottsboro case took place in 1931.
The 19th Amendment, granting women suffrage, was passed in:
- Woman's suffrage was first granted by Wyoming in 1869, followed by the constitutional amendment in 1920.
The 1920s flapper, with her thin silhouette, shortish skirt, long necklace, bobbed hair, and bee-stung lips was epitomized by:
- Clara Bow was the quintessential flapper.