Decade Quiz 1900s
- Though he was also a German citizen and an American citizen at different points in his life, Einstein was a citizen of Switzerland in 1905.
- McKinley was shot at the Pan-American Exposition in Buffalo and died eight days later.
What killed an astounding 1.3 million people in India in 1907?
- The bubonic plague is spread by fleas from infected rodents.
- Two-thirds of the city was destroyed and about 2,500 people were killed.
Which of the following became a state during this decade?
- Oklahoma entered the Union in 1907. Utah joined in 1896, while Alaska wasn't a state until 1959.