Tall Ships Quiz
After leaving Boston, the tall ships will sail to Canada and then race to what city?
- The tall ships will race from Halifax, Nova Scotia to Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
The movie Mutiny on the Bounty, was based on the book by what author?
- James Norman Hall and Charles Bernard Nordhoff wrote the book, Mutiny on the Bounty.
The Kruzenshtern is so enormous because it was built to carry:
- The Kruzenshtern was built in 1926 to carry cargo.
Tall ships get their name because they all:
- Tall ships are all sailing ships.
The Juan Sebastian de Elcano is named for the man who:
- Juan Sebastian de Elcano was captain of the Victoria, the first ship to circumnavigate the globe.
A representation of Prince Henry the Navigator adorns which tall ship?
- A figure of Prince Henry the Navigator, monarch of Portugal, adorns the Sagres II.
The tall ships visiting Boston are all currently used as:
- The tall ships are all used to train sailors and other naval personnel.
The USS Constitution has never been beaten. How many battles has she fought in?
- The USS Constitution has fought in 33 battles.
The Simón Bolívar is named for the man who:
- Known as "the Liberator," Simón Bolívar successfully fought for the independence of much of South America.
Which president commissioned the USS Constitution?
- George Washington commissioned the USS Constitution.