Animal Trivia Quiz
What is the fastest animal on Earth?
- The peregrine falcon dives at speeds of up to 200 m.p.h. and can fly at a rate of 90 m.p.h., making it not only the fastest bird, but also the fastest animal on Earth.
Which animal could not survive in Africa?
- The wildcat is native to Europe.
What is the term for a young horse?
- A male horse is called a stallion and a female is called a mare.
Which of these animals is NOT endangered?
- The capybara, which is native to South America, is the world's largest rodent.
Which is the biggest species of shark?
- The whale shark can grow to 50 feet long and weigh up to 50 tons. It's a gentle giant. Its teeth are no bigger than human baby teeth, and it eats only small fish and plankton.
What is a distinguishing feature of a marsupial?
- Kangaroos and opossums are examples of marsupials.
Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of reptiles?
- Reptiles are cold-blooded animals.
What is the most poisonous snake on the planet?
- One bite from this shy reptile, which is native to Australia, contains enough toxin to kill about 100 people.
Which of these dinosaurs lived during the Jurassic Period?
- The Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus Rex lived duirng the Cretaceous Period, while the Eoraptor roamed Earth during the Triassic Period.
Which of these mammals lays eggs?
- Monotremes, or egg-laying mammals, are very rare. Another example of a monotreme is the platypus.