The creator of SpongeBob, Stephen Hillenburg, used to work as a
- Hillenburg has a degree in marine biology. He used to lead tide-pool tours and teach kids about the ocean world.
SpongeBob's pet snail Gary sounds like
- Gary meows like a cat. No, we don't know why, either. Gary also writes poetry.
Square yellow kitchen sponges like SpongeBob were invented in
- Those handy square sponges first appeared around kitchen sinks in the 1930s. SpongeBob made his television debut in July 1999.
SpongeBob doesn't know how to
- SpongeBob can't swim. But he makes good crabby patties.
What is the first name of Mr. Krabs?
- Mr. Eugene H. Krabs has a pet worm named Mr. Doodles. The worm's first name (if it has one) has not yet been revealed.
In real life, sponges that live in the ocean are
- There are more than 4,500 species of living sponges.
The voice of SpongeBob, Tom Kenny, also provides the voice of
- In addition to being the voice of Dog on CatDog, Tom Kenny is the voice of the mayor on The Powerpuff Girls and the voice of Carl Chryniszzswics on Johnny Bravo.
SpongeBob's arms are
- SpongeBob's arms stick out a little bit above his shirt collar, which looks like it is around his waist. If he had a waist, that is.
The theme song says about SpongeBob, "Absorbent and yellow and ___ is he"
- SpongeBob is said to be "porous."
SpongeBob SquarePants lives in a
- SpongeBob lives in a hollow pineapple in the underwater town of Bikini Bottom.