Song Lyrics Quiz
What's the actual name of "the HEY song" that is often played at sports events?
- Gary Glitter's only song to achieve popularity in the U.S., it first hit the airwaves in 1972.
Which Jimi Hendrix song contains the line "'Scuse me while I kiss the sky"?
- During the performance Mick Jagger mumbled the line, which was considered to be too controversial for television.
Who was Puff the Magic Dragon's friend?
- Along with Peter, Paul, and Mary, Jackie Paper loved that rascal Puff.
Where is the Heartbreak Hotel?
- According to Elvis, "...it's down at the end of Lonely Street."
(Extra Credit) Where is the narrator sailing in the song "Louie, Louie"?
- People are most familiar with the Kingsmen's 1963 cover of this Richard Berry song. It made it to #2 on the charts despite being largely unintelligible.
Whose coat did the jester borrow in "American Pie"?
- Don McLean's 1971 classic was written as a tribute to Buddy Holly. (The coat, however, belonged to James Dean.)
Who gets credit for penning the line "It's getting dark, too dark to see, Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door" ?
- Though "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" was covered by both Guns N' Roses and Eric Clapton, it was written by Dylan.
What comes after the line "Yesterday love was such an easy game to play"?
- "Yesterday" was sung by Paul McCartney of the Beatles.
What was the name of the sheriff who got shot in the Bob Marley classic?