Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: Book vs. Movie Quiz
In the book, what greatly angers the Centaurs?
- In the film, Hagrid makes a reference to the Centaurs being angry about territory restrictions, but in the book they are very mad at Firenze for teaching their art to humans.
When Harry is sitting in the park at the beginning of the movie, what do Dudley and his gang do?
- In the book, Harry is not noticed by Dudley until he catches up to him as they both walk home.
In the film, what do Fred and George use to mark their departure from school?
- In the film, George and Fred use fireworks to spell the letter "W" in the sky, while they create a giant lake in the book.
In the film, OWLS are interrupted by what disruption?
- In the book, Harry's astronomy exam is disrupted by Hagrid being attacked.
In the film, which charachter alerts Professor Umbridge to the existence of Dumbledore's Amry?
- Marietta tells Professor Umbridge in the book, as evidenced by the "snitch" rash that breaks out on her face.
In the film, how are George and Fred's attempt at using Extendable Ears foiled?
- In the book, Mrs. Weasley catches George and Fred using the Extendable Ears and uses an Imperturbable Charm on the door.
In the book, what must Mr. Weasley and Harry do to enter the Ministry of Magic before Harry's hearing?
- In the film, the two characters are immediately taken to the Ministry once they enter the phone booth.
In the film, where does Hermione first introduce Harry and Ron to Luna Lovegood?
- In the film, the start of the year train trip is only shown briefly.
In the film, which portrait howels angrily whenever there are visitors at The Order of the Phoenix headquaters?
- Mrs. Black is constantly screeming in the book, but does not make an appearance in the film.
In the book, how does Harry hear the Prophecy about himself and Voldemort?
- In the book, the crystal ball is smashed and no one hears the Prophecy, but in the film, Harry is able to hear it before it breaks.