Famous Cats Quiz
What kind of cat is Sassy in the movie Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey?
- Sassy is a fluffy Himalayan. A Himalayan has the distinctive shape and fluffy fur of a Persian but the markings of a Siamese.
In Puss in Boots, which of the following does the cat not do?
- The crafty Puss manages to secure a kingdom for his owner. It's Rumpelstiltskin who knows how to spin straw into gold.
What is the real name of DC Comics' Catwoman?
- Selina Kyle is sometimes called the Princess of Plunder or the Feline Felon.
In the Pink Panther movie series, who is the "panther"?
- The "pink panther" is a valuable diamond; the silent, rosy-colored cartoon cat first gained fame appearing in the opening credits of the series' original movie in 1964.
How many red stripes are on the hat of The Cat in the Hat?
- The wacky cat has three red stripes on his toppled hat.
When the Cheshire Cat of Alice in Wonderland disappears, what is the only thing he leaves behind?
- The Cheshire Cat fades until only his toothy grin can be seen.
What cat was voted one of the world's most admired males by Young Miss magazine in 1982?
- Morris has also authored three books and appeared on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous.
The musical CATS is based on a book of poems by which British author?
- The lyrics of CATS are from Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats.
Which of these cartoon cats appeared first?
- Krazy Kat arrived on the scene in 1910, as a pet of "the Dingbat Family"; he got his own strip in 1913. Felix first appeared in 1919, and Sylvester made his debut in 1945.
How many cats have claimed the role of Morris, the spokescat for Nine Lives pet food?
- So far three cats have acted as Morris: Morris I arrived in 1968, Morris II in 1979, and Morris III in 1996. All were adopted from shelters.