Famous Birds Quiz
Which cartoon bird is the oldest?
- Donald first appeared in 1934. Daffy Duck debuted in 1937; Tweety followed in 1942.
What is the name of Woody Woodpecker's niece?
- Woody's niece is named Splinter. Winnie is his girlfriend, and Knothead is his nephew.
In the movie Chicken Run, who leads the plan to escape from the farm?
- Ginger's escape plan is aided by Rocky the Flying Rooster.
"Nevermore" says the bird in this classic Edgar Allan Poe poem, which begins "Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary"
- In his poem, Edgar Allan Poe calls the raven an "ebony bird" and an "ungainly fowl."
The "Famous Chicken"the first and best-known professional sports mascotstarted with this team in 1974:
- Five-foot-three Ted Giannoulas has filled the chicken suit for more than 25 years. He calls his character "the biggest thing in poultry since Colonel Sanders."
What does Roadrunner say?
- The speedy purple-headed bird says, "Beep beep!" Woody Woodpecker laughs, and Tweety tinks he tees a tat.
What is NOT true of Snoopy's bird friend Woodstock?
- Woodstock can type and play baseball, but he speaks only bird-speak.
The costume of Sesame Street's Big Bird is covered in real feathers. What kind of bird are they from?
- Big Bird's suit is covered in turkey feathers dyed yellow.
Mother Goose's Fairy Tales were first published in English when?
- Mother Goose stories were published in England in 1729. In France they were first published in 1697; French folklore contains a storytelling "fairy birdmother."
What is Chicken Little famous for saying?
- Chicken Little can't wait to tell the king that the sky is falling. In Alice in Wonderland, the White Rabbit fears he is late, and the Queen of Hearts cries "Off with their heads!"