Famous Artists and Their Works Quiz
Michelangelo created all of the following works of art EXCEPT what?
- Rembrandt, a Dutch Baroque artist, painted The Night Watch in 1642.
What type of art does Annie Leibovitz produce?
- Leibovitz is a portrait photographer who often takes pictures of celebrities for magazines.
Which artist installed "The Gates" in New York's Central Park in 2005?
- "The Gates," 7,500 billowing panels of saffron nylon suspended between 16-foot-tall painted steel posts, wound their way through 23 miles of footpaths in Central Park for 16 days. The project cost the artist, and his wife, Jeanne-Claude, who also worked on the installment, about $20 million.
Much of Georgia O'Keeffe's art was inspired by what region of the United States?
- O'Keeffe was known for her desert-inspired images and frequently painted flowers and cow skulls.
Claude Monet was a founder of what school of painting?
- Impressionism developed in France during the late 19th century. The impressionists tried to capture an immediate visual interpretation of their subjects by using color rather than lines.
Where is Leonardo da Vinci's The Last Supper housed?
- The Santa Maria delle Grazie is a famous church in Milan. Da Vinci started the fresco around 1495 and completed it in 1498.
Which artist painted Starry Night?
How much did Jackson Pollock's painting, titled No. 5, sell for in 2006?
- At the time of the sale, the painting, which Pollock completed in 1948, was the most expensive painting ever sold.
Who painted the Mona Lisa?
- Da Vinci worked on the Mona Lisa, which is considered one of the most famous paintings in the world, from 1503 to 1506.
Which of the following paintings is an example of a still life?