Name These Terrifying Demons
Made even more famous by "The Exorcist" in 1971, this Assyrian and Babylonian demon dates to the 1st millennium BC and is known for spreading disease, plague, and pestilence. What is his name?
- According to ancient texts, Pazuzu has wings and the body parts of an eagle, lion, dog, and scorpion.
You might know this demon's name from "The Conjuring" universe, but in "The Lesser Key of Solomon" this entity is powerful and governs 30 legions of demons. What is his name?
- Also spelled Valac, this demon is an original fallen angel, according to spiritual literature— and the spooky nun shown in "The Conjuring 2".
What is the name of this demon featured in Neil Gaiman's "Sandman" graphic novel series, which is also an archdemon of the Judean desert and lord of goats, featured in several Old Testament Bible books?
- Azazel also exists in many other religious texts, including Islamic and Akkadian lore.
Associated with death, mischief, and devastation, what is the name of this horrifying entity that is also personified as the bottomless pit of hell?
- Abaddon as a monster even features in the 2019 movie "Godzilla: King of the Monsters" as one of the titans woken by King Ghidorah.
Anthony Hopkins' character in "The Rite" becomes possessed by this demon that is also known as the Lord of the Flies. What is his name?
- One of the highest-ranking demons in religious hiercharies, Baal surrounds himself with toads and flies, so keep an eye out for them!
This Caananite deity was also associated with the Greek god Cronos, the god of time, and later listed as a demon in other religious texts. What is his name?
- Depending on which testament you read, Moloch is a powerful entity of good or evil.
Which demon represents one of the seven deadly sins— the sin of wrath?
- Sathanas is the demon of wrath that tempts people away from the good path, according to the poetic works of John Taylor, also known as the Water Poet.
Featured in "Paradise Lost" and possessing Emily in "The Exorcism of Emily Rose", this demon is known for his importance and intense evil, delighting in perversions. What's his name?
- The religious figure Paul referred to this entity as the chief of demons, which only makes his appearance in a possession story all the more terrifying.
Gamers might recognize this name from "Genshin Impact" or horror lovers from the movie "Hereditary". What is the demon depicted on a camel, surrounded by music?
- Paimon is also known for imparting knowledge to students of the dark arts and as one of the Four Princes.
This entity is associated with the third deadly sin of lust and is one of the kings of demons, recorded in Babylonian and Egyptian lore. Who is he?
- This demon apparently lives in the Big Dipper constellation or Ursa major.