Books of the Bible Quiz
Who canonically wrote the first five books of the Bible, the Pentateuch?
- The Prophet Moses wrote the first five books of The Bible, known as the Pentateuch. The Pentateuch includes the Book of Genesis, the Book of Exodus, the Book of Leviticus, the Book of Numbers, and the Book of Deuteronomy.
Who wrote the most books in the New Testament?
- The Apostle Paul is thought to have wtitten the most books in the New Testament. The Pauline letters to churches are 13 books attributed to Paul the Apostle.
How many books are in the Bible?
- There are 66 books in the standard Protestant Bible. The Roman Catholic Bible has 73 and the Eastern Orthodox Bible has 78. Most Christian churches agree that the New Testament has 23 books.
What is the shortest book of the Bible?
- The Book of Obadiah has one chapter divided into 21 verses, making it the shortest book in the Bible. The Book of Obadiah is an oracle about the restoration of Israel.
What book of the Bible is God not mentioned in?
- God is not mentioned in the Book of Esther. The Book of Esther is one of two books that God is not mentioned in, the other being Songs of Solomon.
Who wrote the book of lamentations?
- The Book of Lamentations was written by Jeremiah. Lamentations consist of 5 poems.
Who wrote the Book of Acts?
- Luke wrote the Acts of the Apostles, which has been abbreviated to Acts. Acts begins with Christ's ascent into Heaven.
Who wrote the Book of Ecclesiastes?
- King Solomon wrote the Book of Ecclesiastes. The son of King David, Solomon has written three books in the Bible (Proverbs and the Song of Solomon are the other two).
Which book contains David and Goliath?
- David and Goliath are in the Book of Samuel. Goliath, a giant, is defeated in one battle by a young David.
How many Psalms are there in the Bible?
- There 150 Pslams in the Bible, separated into 5 books. Psalm 150 serves as a doxology for the Bible.