Aitareya-Aranyaka: Third Aranyaka, First Adhyya, Third Khanda
I. Next come the reciters of the Nirbhuga.
2. Nirbhuga abides on earth, Pratrinna in heaven, the Ubhayamantarena in the sky.
3. Now, if any one should chide him who recites the Nirbhuga, let him answer: ?Thou art fallen from the two lower places.? If any one should chide him who recites the Pratrinna, let him answer: ?Thou art fallen from the two higher places.? But he who recites the Ubhayamantarena, there is no chiding him.
4. For when he turns out the Sandhi (the union of words), that is the form of Nirbhuga; and when he pronounces, two syllables pure (without modification), that is the form of Pratrinna. This comes first. By the Ubhayamantara (what is between the two) both are fulfilled (both the sandhi and the pada).
5. Let him who wishes for proper food say the Nirbhuga; let him who wishes for Svarga, say the Pratrinna; let him who wishes for both say the Ubhayamantarena.
6. Now if another man (an enemy) should chide him who says the Nirbhuga, let him say to him: ?Thou hast offended the earth, the deity; the earth, the deity, will strike thee.?
If another man should chide him who says the Pratrinna, let him say to him: ?Thou hast offended heaven, the deity; heaven, the deity, will strike thee.?
If another man should chide him who says the Ubhayamantarena, let him say to him: ?Thou hast offended the sky, the deity; the sky, the deity, will strike thee.?
7. And whatever the reciter shall say to one who speaks to him or does not speak to him, depend upon it, it will come to pass.
8. But to a Brahmana let him not say anything except what is auspicious.
9. Only he may curse a Brahmana in excessive wealth.
10. Nay, not even in excessive wealth should he curse a Brahmana, but he should say, ?I bow before Brahmanas,??thus says Suravira Mandukeya.