America’s Best Hospitals
The annual U.S. News & World Report list of the United States' best hospitals is prepared by the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago. Nearly 5,000 medical centers were analyzed to produce this year's Honor Roll, each of which excels in many specialties. In 2012, after a 21-year reign, Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Md. was dethroned by Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston as the number one hospital. In the past several years, Johns Hopkins, the Mayo Clinic, the Cleveland Clinic, and Mass. General have continued to battle it out for the top spot. Here are the rankings for 2020:
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
- Cleveland Clinic
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital, N.Y.
- UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
- UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
- NYU Langone Hospitals, N.Y.
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago