America’s Best Hospitals
The annual U.S. News & World Report list of the United States' best hospitals is prepared by the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago. Nearly 5,000 medical centers were analyzed to produce this year's Honor Roll, each of which excels in many specialties. In 2012, after a 21-year reign, Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Md. was dethroned by Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston as the number one hospital. In the past several years, Johns Hopkins, the Mayo Clinic, the Cleveland Clinic, and Mass. General have continued to battle it out for the top spot. Here are the rankings for 2017:
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Cleveland Clinic
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
- UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Ann Arbor
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital, N.Y.
- Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital, Stanford, Calif.
- Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian, Philadelphia