Signs and Symptoms of Cancer
Cancer and other illnesses often cause a number of problems you can watch for. The most common warning signs of cancer are:
- Change in bowel or bladder habits;
- A sore that does not heal;
- Unusual bleeding or discharge;
- Thickening or lump in the breast or elsewhere;
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing;
- Obvious change in a wart or mole;
- Nagging cough or hoarseness.
These signs and symptoms can be caused by cancer or by a number of other problems. They are not a sure sign of cancer. However, it is important to see a doctor if any problem lasts as long as two weeks. Don't wait for symptoms to become painful; pain is not an early sign of cancer.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.