River, c.145 mi (230 km) long, rising in the Ouachita Mts., SW Ark., and flowing generally SE to join the Ouachita River N of Camden. North of Murfreesboro is Narrows Dam (1950), which impounds Lake Greeson.
River, c.560 mi (900 km) long, rising in NE Wyo. and flowing NE into Garrison Reservoir on the Missouri River, W N.Dak. It flows through Theodore Roosevelt National Memorial Park.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: U.S. Physical Geography
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-