Mizpah or Mizpeh both: mĭz´pə [key], in the Bible.
Unidentified place, E of the Jordon River, identical with Ramath-Mizpeh.
Place, on the boundary between Israel and Judah, a religious center with a sanctuary in the time of Judges.
Town at the foot of Mt. Hermon.
Town in the lowland of Judah.
Home of Jephthah.
David's refuge in Moab.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Biblical Proper Names
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-