Vincent of Beauvais
Moralsis of unknown authorship, but is not by him. The three parts written by him are entitled
Nature,the order followed is that of the six days of creation described in Genesis.
Instructionranges from the liberal arts to the mechanical arts. The
Historyepitomizes the story of man since Adam as it was understood by 13th-century scholars.
See A. Gabriel, The Educational Ideas of Vincent of Beauvais (2d ed. 1962).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Roman Catholic and Orthodox churches: General Biographies
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-