Shallum shăl´əm [key], in the Bible.
King of Israel for a month. He killed King
for the throne and was himself killed by
King of Judah: see
In 1 Kings, husband of Huldah.
In 1 Chronicles, chief of a family of porters called Meshullam in Nehemiah.
In Nehemiah, ruler of part of Jerusalem.
In 1 Chronicles and Ezra, priest also called Meshullam in 1 Chronicles and Nehemiah.
In 1 Chronicles, Simeonite.
In 2 Chronicles, Ephraimite.
In Ezra, men who had foreign wives.
In 1 Chronicles, descendant of Jerahmeel.
In 1 Chronicles, eponymous head of a clan of Naphtali.
In Jeremiah, uncle of Jeremiah.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-