Maaseiah mā˝əsē´yə [key], in the Bible.
1 Musician under David. 2 Captain who aided the restoration of Joash. 3 Officer of King Uzziah. 4 Son of King Ahaz. 5 Man charged by Josiah with repairing the Temple. 6 The same as Asaiah 4. 7 Father of Zedekiah 3. 8 Father of Zephaniah 5. 9 Grandfather of Seraiah 3. 10, 11, 12, 13 Men who had foreign wives. 14 Father of Azariah 20. 15 Man with Ezra at the reading of the Law. 16 Levite instructor of the Law. 17 Sealer of the covenant. 18 Ancestor of the Benjamite Sallu. 19, 20 Priests at the dedication of the wall.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-