Jehiel jēhī´əl [key], in the Bible.
1 Ancestor of Saul. 2 One of David's mighty men. 3 Musician of David. 4 Son of Jehoshaphat. 5 Levite under David. An alternate form is Jehieli. 6 Tutor of David's sons. 7 Levite under Hezekiah. 8 Leader under Josiah. 9 Father of a postexilic family. 10 Father of one who had a foreign wife.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Biblical Proper Names: Biographies
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-