cowboy philosopherwidely known. A constant booster of airplane travel, Rogers made several long airplane trips he was killed with Wiley Post when their plane crashed near Point Barrow, Alaska.
See his autobiography (ed. by D. Day, 1949) and writings (1973) biography by R. D. White, Jr. (2011) D. R. Milsten, An Appreciation of Will Rogers (1976) P. C. Rollins, Will Rogers: A Bio-Bibliography (1984).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Theater: Biographies
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-