This Land Is Your Land.Other songs include
Pretty Boy Floyd,
Pastures of Plenty,and
Deportee.Guthrie also wrote a Dust Bowl novel, House of Earth (1947, pub. 2013).
See his autobiography, Bound for Glory (1943, rev. ed. 1968) and his partially fictional memoir Seeds of Man (written 1930s, pub. 1976, repr. 1995) biographies by J. Klein (1980), E. Cray (2004), and W. Kaufman (2011) R. Shelton, ed., Born to Win (1965) H. Yurchenco and M. Guthrie, A Mighty Hard Road (1970).
a rambling, witty song that was the basis of a motion picture in which he starred (1969).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Music: Popular and Jazz: Biographies
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-